Loading the content... Loading depends on your connection speed!

Social Market for a Mirrix

Image #3 it is.
I did a little test with the Tahki Cotton Classic yarn and decided to enlarge the cartoon from 6×6 inches to 8×10 inches in order to accommodate the yarn I selected. I also waffled back and forth on whether to warp with the 8-dent coil or the 12-dent coil. I finally went with the 12-dent because of the number of small sections. You’ll notice that I’m not using the shedding device and heddles on this project. Since I’m working on numerous small areas, it’s easier for me just to work the sections with a needle.


I volunteer one day a week in the Collections Department at the International Folk Art Museum here in Santa Fe and the project that I’ve been working on the past couple of weeks is processing photos of their textile collection. As I was working last week, I found myself being drawn to the pieces that were primarily earthtones… beige, brown, brick red, orange. So, I dug through my stash and pulled out the following colors to use. I’m a little ambivalent about the turquoise at the moment but I’ll see where the weaving takes me. Because there are so many sections in this weaving, I may color in the individual areas with colored pencil so I have a more detailed pattern to follow. I have a little more prep work to do then I’ll be ready to start weaving.
I have a feeling this weaving is going to take a while so it may very well take us through to the end of the “Social Market for a Mirrix” campaign which is scheduled to end on 2/28/11.

Leave a Comment

Current ye@r *

Follow Us!