The worst is over!
I’m over the worst of it, yay!!! I sewed the lining on Friday, and also shortened the zip. I couldn’t find a zip the right length, and the closest one wasn’t the look I wanted.
There was some redrawing of the measurements on the lining before i could cut it.
Anyway, I sewed the zip to the lining on the third attempt. Yes, that says the third attempt! That was after having a little trouble winding the bobbin! While doing all this, I was reminded of the fact I don’t like sewing! But needs must so I gritted my teeth and got on with it. Sewing the other seams closed was easy enough. And, stitching the lining into the purse was also easy. I thought that would be a nice video to do.
Because I was working on a black background (the lining and zip) with black thread, I couldn’t find a good enough angle to video while I stitched it in. So, I resorted to using close up photos. Hopefully they show the steps well enough.
Now, I need to do the handle and the fringe then I’ll be done! I can’t wait to see it all finished. I bought some Swarovski bicones, and what I’ll be using for part of the handle. I went with the purse so I could pick colours correctly. Hopefully they will work out.
I managed to clear the loom this morning. So I can make a start on the Nelson Mandela bracelet. I’m just going to warp and make a start, with the face!! I just need to find one colour (DB357). I know I have it, just have to find t now!
Hopefully I’ll have made enough progress to perhaps blog and share tomorrow. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the video.
Have a good evening!