This Contest Ended 4/1/2013
Always wanted to try weaving beads or tapestry? Ready to upgrade your loom? Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms is giving away a loom to one lucky entrant in their latest contest. What do you have to do to enter? Be creative!
This contests asks you to create a piece of art with up to ten words that answers this question: What inspires you to create art? It's all about creativity, originality and sharability. We'll be posting contest entries on Facebook, Pinterest and on our website.
The winner will be chosen by our panel of judges.
Art can be of any medium, or mixed mediums, but must be an original work of art by the entrant.
Each piece must include:
-Up to ten words and Mirrix's url www.mirrixlooms.com
Then, be creative. Make the page visually exciting. You will be judged on the following criteria:
1) Creativity of words/phrase
2) Creativity of piece of art as a whole
A picture of each piece must be submitted via email (to email@example.com) in .jpg, .gif, tiff or .png format.
Please include your FULL name and phone number in the email.
Pieces will be judged by our esteemed judges (listed below)
Please take time to read the official rules (below) before entering. By submitting your piece, you agree to adhere to these rules.
Grand Prize: An 8" Lani Loom (or $165.00 towards another Mirrix Loom)
Plus, from our sponsors:
From Good Quill Hunting: 50% off loom patterns for the grand prize winner and 3 each at 50% off for the second and third prize winners.
From Betty Clarkson of Little Pine Traditional Crafts "tool"basket and (3) shuttles for the grand prize winner.
From Fiber Studio/Janette Meetze Yummyarns tapestry wool and silk for the second prize winner.
The Time Frame:
February 5th, 2013 - April 1st, 2013
Janette Meetze of Fiber Studio/Janette Meetze.
Jennifer VanBenschoten of Beading Daily
Halcyon Blake of Halcyon Yarn
Halcyon Blake has owned Halcyon Yarn (formerly Halcyon the Weaver's Friend) since 1971. She began weaving in 1968 and continues to enjoy the excitement of seeing weaving plans come to life, need modification and find their way to completion. She believes weaving is a path to expression of personal creativity and exploration of color and texture to give us joy in everyday life.
Susan McFarland of Susan's Fiber Shop
Christina Neit of Good Quill Hunting
Barb Gallagher of The Weaver's Loft
Betty Clarkson of Little Pine Traditional Crafts
Erin Simonetti of Beads, Beading, Beaded and Wearable Art by Erin Simonetti
Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms Free Mini Mirrix Contest 2012 Official Rules:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS IS REQUIRED.
1. Eligibility: Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families) of Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies are not eligible.
2. Any winner outside of the continental USA must pay for shipping.
3. In the case of a tie, Mirrix President Claudia Chase will decide the winner.
4. Entry Restrictions. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entrants must be over the age of 18.
5. FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond the control Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms which, in its sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest (or any part thereof), Mirrix Tapestry & Bead Looms reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the the contest and select the prize winner in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules.
6. By entering this contest, participants agree that their entry can be shared and posted publicly by Mirrix Looms on their website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social sharing sites.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the contest, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or this contest shall be filed exclusively in the federal or state courts of Hillsborough County, New Hampshire and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action; (b) any such action shall be resolved individually, NOT as part of a class action; (c) any claims/judgments/awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), but NOT attorneys’ fees. These Official Rules and this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the internal, substantive laws of the State of New Hampshire.
8. Any entry may be denied and any entrant may be disqualified based if seen fit by Mirrix representatives.
9. By submitting an entry, contest participants are assuring that all work done is their own (or they have permission to use, as in stock images) and no copyrighted material is being used.
10. Each piece must include up to ten words and Mirrix's url www.mirrixlooms.com
Companies and magazines can share-sponsor this contest by posting to their blog, email list or website about this contest. Sponsors will get their logo and a link back to their website or blog on this contest page. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a sponsor!
Please take a moment to visit the websites of our share-sponsors: