Tapestry Tree Holiday Ornament Kit
What's better than sharing something you made by hand with those you love? This adorable tapestry tree ornament is the perfect gift to give this holiday season. Make one for a friend and one to keep as part of your own festive décor.
This is a great project for beginners. It teaches some of the very basics of weaving and using a shedding device, but doesn't employ any complex techniques. Plus, finishing is easy (and fun to do!)
- Three 12-yard bobbins of hand-painted Mulberry silk yarn in various shades of green. Exact colors will depend on dye lots.
- 60 crystals (size 3 mm and 4mm)
- 6 grams 11/0 seed beads
- 4 oz. ball of cotton warp
- A bobbin of C-Lon beading thread
- Two pieces of ulna-suede for backing
What do I need with this kit? Any size Mirrix Loom 8″ or larger with a shedding device.
You will also need a tapestry needle, a smaller tapestry needle for finish work, a beading needle, a pair of scissors and a bead mat.
You can find the instructional ebook for this project here.
Level: Beginner and up
This kit comes with enough supplies to make two ornaments.